Established in 2010, Ag Assist's farm business management consultancy includes a customer base of farmers, agricultural lobby groups, charities, Government departments, non-Government organisations and small and large businesses. We have a wide range of experience working in varied roles and Government organisations including extension and program delivery, technical research trials and group facilitation.
On behalf of clients; Ag Assist works very closely with service providers to agriculture e.g. Sisters of Charity Community Care, Downs and South West Community Support, Lifeline, Centacare, Regional Investment Corporation (RIC), Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA), Services Australia (formally Centrelink), Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF), Legal Aid Queensland (LAQ), The University of Queensland (UQ), University of Southern Queensland (USQ), numerous legal, accountancy firms and banks.
Continued involvement in farm business management and training consultancies since 1987. Hold a bachelor of agricultural science with a certified practicing agriculturalist recognition and Justice of Peace qualified.
Professional qualifications relevant to areas of consultancy are regularly updated.
- Chartered Member of the Australian Institute of Agriculture
- Member of the Australian Association of Agricultural Consultants
- Member of the Australian Society of Animal Sciences
- 2010: Awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia, OAM, for services to primary industry, and to the rural community of Queensland
- 2014: Appointed an Industry Fellow with the Australian Centre for Sustainable Business and Development at the University of Southern QLD
- 2015: Awarded AgForce Grains Industry Excellence Award
- Managing family farm
- Livestock and Meat Authority of Queensland managing Livestock Market Reporting
- Queensland DPI - farm financial counsellor
- Queensland Program Leader, Extension, in the Queensland Centre for Climate Applications (QCCA)
- Past Chairman of the Board of the ‘Toowoomba Clubhouse’
- Past board member of the Sisters of Charity Community Care (Aust)
- Past Member of the Strategic Leadership panel of Lifelines’, Partners in Recovery Project
- The Bush Connection as a Dairy Support Worker. In early 2002 was appointed Team Leader Rural Services
- Event management including national & international conferences
- AgForce 2003-2009: Applying for and implementing Exceptional Circumstance Drought and EC policy for their members, development of training for farmers
- Workplace training and assessment coordinator