Ag Assist is a farm business management consultancy with multi-disciplinary expertise in rural business. It is based at Wyreema in the heart of the Darling Downs in Queensland. Clients cover all industries and all regions of Queensland with clients from Richmond in the north to the southern border around Stanthorpe and west of Charleville.
Ag Assist’s farm business management consultancy includes a customer base of farmers, and has included agricultural lobby groups, Charities, Govt departments, Non-Government Organisation, (NGOs), and small and large businesses. Ag assist provides event management, mediations, succession and business planning.
On behalf of clients; Ag Assist works very closely with service providers to agriculture e.g. Sisters of Charity Community Care, Downs and South West Community Support, Lifeline, Centacare, QRIDA, Centrelink, QDAF, LAQ, UQ, USQ, legal, accountancy firms, banks etc.
The business holds all necessary insurances.
The services which Ag Assist provides is backed up by many years of experience, Rod having 35 years’ experience himself, specialising in succession planning, project management, farm business management services, mediations, negotiations and training. Ag Assist has extensive networks that are accessed as required for speciality skills as required for projects.
Services include but are not limited to:
Farm business management advice
including “Passing on the Family Farm”.
Business planning, viability and risk assessment, measurement and strategies
to cope with the risk and options analysis. Loan and grant applications for farms and businesses.
Large and small project management; cost/benefit analysis.
- Farm business management training for UQ.
Project planning and marketing.
- Involved with USQ in GRDC project relating to farmer’s response to risk and their capacity to cope with drought and change.
- Community capacity and resilience building
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science.
- Livestock and Meat Authority of Queensland managing Livestock Market Reporting.
- Managing family farm.
- Queensland DPI - farm financial counsellor.
- Allawah Consultancy Service based in Millmerran and the Darling Downs.
- Queensland Program Leader, Extension, in the Queensland Centre for Climate Applications (QCCA).
- The Bush Connection as a Dairy Support Worker. In early 2002 was appointed Team Leader Rural Services.
- AgForce 2003-09: applying for and implementing Exceptional Circumstance Drought and EC policy for their members; development of training for farmers.
- Continued involvement in Farm Business Management and Training Consultancies since 1987.
- In 2010 awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia, OAM, for services to primary industry, and to the rural community of Queensland.
- In 2010 established Ag Assist.
- Past Chairman of the Board of the “Toowoomba Clubhouse”
- Past board member of the Sisters of Charity Community Care (Aust.).
- Past Member of the Strategic Leadership panel of Lifelines’, Partners in Recovery Project.
- 2015: Awarded and AgForce Grains Industry Excellence Award.
- Appointed an Industry Fellow with the Australian Centre for Sustainable Business and Development at the University of Southern Qld
- Elevated to a Chartered Membership of the Australian Institute of Agriculture, (CAg).
- Chartered Member of the Australian Institute of Agriculture.
- Member of the Australian Association of Agricultural Consultants.
- Justice of the Peace Qualified.
- Certified Practising Agriculturist.
- Professional qualifications relevant to areas of consultancy are regularly updated.